Monday, August 9, 2010

One More Week and a New Toy

I am very pleased to announce that I am now in possession of a new (to me) embroidery machine! A family friend traded hers in last week for an upgrade, and since it is in wonderful condition, I got an upgrade myself! I haven't actually embroidered anything with it yet, but I have tried out the sewing machine function and it's, quite frankly, amazing. I thought I had a good sewing machine, but I was obviously wrong. This one is fantastic. I won't go into the details, but I feel sorta professional now. The very very exciting thing about the new embroidery machine is that I can now embroider up to 6 inches x 10 inches. With the old machine, I could only do up to 4 inches x 4 inches. This is a huge difference! The possibilities are endless! :) I will definitely keep you all updated on my new projects;)

Speaking of new projects, here is my newest: the Little Buns Diaper Changing Mat.


I thought this turned out really cute and is a great use for fabric that I really love and hate using on small projects.

In other news, I start nursing school in exactly one week. I really can't even wrap my head around the fact that I will be a full-time student again. I'm nervous and scared, but also very excited. For once in my life, I feel certain about the career path I am on. Yesterday's sermon also reinforced to me that I am doing the right thing. The sermon series our pastor started yesterday is about raising Godly children, and while I do not have children yet, it really spoke to me. Not just about how I want to raise my future children, but also about the person I want to be. The pastor stated that he thinks people have such limited goals when it comes to their lives and the lives of their children. The goal of most parents is to try to make sure that the world doesn't change their children, but a parent's goal should really be to enable their children to change the world. I thought this was an amazing message. Not only do I want my children to change the world, but I, too, am still young enough to change the world, and that is my goal. I don't feel that my current job would ever enable me to do that, but I think Nursing will. I have felt very convicted lately to step out of my box and do whatever I can to help others and show them Christ through my actions. I pray daily that I can be that type of person. It's a constant battle, but God is bigger than I am. I know He desires for others to know Him and He wants to work through me. This is an honor I will work to fulfill!

Blessings and peace to you! I hope you are having a wonderful Monday!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. congrats on your new toy, and good luck as you go back to school!

    ReplyDelete