Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Not-So-Beginner Handbag

I was recently browsing Martha Stewart's Web site when I found this cute purse pattern and instructions:

Martha said more than once that this was a beginner pattern. Well, Martha, I beg to differ. Though it was somewhat easier the second time around, my first attempt was severely wonky. The second attempt turned out much better and I might would even say "Etsy-worthy", but it still didn't feel "beginner". The first few steps were very elementary, but when it came to sewing up the "arm holes", I wanted to pull my hair out.

I will take post a pic of my second and more successful attempt soon. I really like how it turned out, love the purse, and am so glad I made it, but don't let Martha fool you into thinking it's for a "beginner".

Try it out, you'll like it. Good night, and good luck.


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. ohhh.. I found this too. I still need to try it out. Thanks for the warning, but it is adorable. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna make one now! And happy birthday too! I didnt forget I am just late saying it since its after midnight LOL.

    Great post now I got something else to put on my list of sewing stuff i HAVE to try! That bag is too cute for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cute! I definitely won't be trying it though...Maybe if you saw my sewing projects you would understand...lol :)

    ReplyDelete