Friday, April 9, 2010
1. If you haven't heard, I've been accepted to Nursing school and will start in August. I am SO unbelievably excited. I finally feel like I know what I want to do with my life. It feels good. I only pray that I am making the right decision. Anyway, Orientation is this afternoon, so I will finally get the list of things I need to do this summer to get prepared. It's hard to believe that in 4 months time I will again be a full-time student. Crazy!
2. A few weeks ago Mr. Savvy Stitcher and I went to see Crazy Heart starring Jeff Bridges, for which he won the Oscar for Best Actor. I really wasn't even interested in it but agreed to go because that's what the hubs wanted to see. (He has a man-crush on Jeff Bridges, among others.) However, I have to say it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. The end was great and sad and I was melancholy for the rest of the night, but I loved it. I highly recommend. I have to agree with Mr. Savvy Sticher--Jeff Bridges is pretty amazing. Maggie Gyllenhaal was really great, too. I always forget what a good actress she is. She always makes me believe that she's a real person, someone I can relate to.
3. I came across the Kind Over Matter blog yesterday, thanks to my friend Jayme. If you've never heard of it, check it out. Their motto is, "Kindness is all that matters." The blog encourages you to leave beautiful, uplifiting, handmade items for strangers to find. They focus heavily on the handmade community and "Kind Acts, Inspirational Art & Kind Projects." They also do weekly giveaways and have free printables for leaving in public places, in case you're not the creative type.
I've really been focusing on trying to do more kind things for others, as well as being someone who gives back. I really want to be a good witness for Christ and I have really felt him challenging me lately.
4. My crochet has gotten out of control. I think I have ADD. I start one project, get bored, then start another. I have several unfinished projects just lying around in my bedroom right now. I really need to get focused and finish what I start. I will work on that this week.
5. I also have a new yarn obsession. I have tons of it lying around. It used to be this way with fabric. I swear, everytime I learn something new, I hoard supplies. I can't just let myself run out before getting more. I don't even want to think about how many skeins of yarn are littering my house right now.
6. I am almost finished with A&P II. The last day is April 30th, I think. It cannot end soon enough. I dream about cat dissecting, cranial nerves, and many other disgusting things you don't even want to hear about right now. I can't wait to get out of that class. I have spent 8 months memorizing human anatomy and I'm quite sick of it. Let's move on to something else now, eh?
7. My nephew got his 1 year photos taken on Monday and I'm DYING to see them. They took him to our town's historic downtown district for the shoot and I know they'll be amazing. He even wore one of my handmade hats for some of the photos! I feel so honored! Hopefully his mommy will let me share one or two photos with you when they are posted online. I'll work on her:)
Have a great weekend!