Guess what! I've just been honored with receiving the Versatile Blogger Award! I've never received a blog award before, so yay!
With this award comes a few duties. First, I must thank Jayaycee for honoring me. We have just recently "met" in the blogosphere and she has a great blog, so check it out!
Second, I must tell you 7 things about me. Here goes:
1. I am impatient. When I want something, I want it now. I do not like to wait. But really, who does? I love instant gratification, plus I'm a bit A.D.D. I think, which is why I can only commit to crafts/hobbies that have a quick turnaround. People always ask me why I don't quilt. It's because I want the finished product now. I do not have the follow-through for year-long projects. No way.
2. When it comes to my friends and my family, I am fiercely loyal. If you mess with them, you mess with me.
3. I've never been good at making friends. I always feel like I'm not interesting enough to really want to hang out with and I usually think people don't like me. However, over the past couple of years, I have been extremely blessed to make new friendships that I feel will last a lifetime. Atleast I hope they do. I am so thankful for these ladies and I would do anything for them. I will always try to be the friend to them that I desire for myself.
4. I am an animal activist. If I could, I would live on a farm surrounded by a thousand adopted cats and dogs. I would take in any homeless animal that needed me. I would own horses and goats, too. Any kind of farm animal you could think of, really. That would be heaven!
5. Mr. Savvy Stitcher and I only want one child. We hope for a boy, but would love a girl just the same! People always give us a hard time for saying we only want one. We feel that we can do more for one than we can for two or more. Plus, that's what we want. That's our business. Why should we have more than one just because everyone else thinks you're "supposed" to? That's crazy.
6. I am 25 and my parents divorced in January. I can't even begin to explain what this is like. I know there are other "adult children" of divorce, but there are really no books out there on the subject and how to deal. Isn't that crazy? It's like young children have the monopoly on divorce or something. If you know of anything good, let me know!
7. I can't eat cold cheese. When I say cold, I mean uncooked. I eat cheese on pizza and burgers, and I love cheesesticks. But you'll never catch me eating a hunk of cold cheese. Why do people like this? That's gross. The smell is enough to make me gag, really. Why is this such a popular party food? People are all like, "Oh! Cheese and crackers!" Disgusting. I won't even eat it on my deli sandwich. If it's not melted, just keep it. I could go on all day.
Third, I am to pass the Versatile Blogger Award on to 15 blogs I have recently discovered and I think are fantastic.
1. Working Mom
8. Joy's Hope
10. Newly Wife
11. Only the Curious
13. Lu Bird Baby
14. Style Crush